25.5.12

Don't share plz.

*Eva has started to come up , ‘I want to tell/ask you something only if you keep it to yourself and do not share with anybody.’ She mentioned few names which are close friends of mine and asked, ‘Not even with them.’


At first, I thought, it might be just a girlish or childish behavior: asking not to share and sharing with all.

But, no, Eva meant her words. I realized this after to-three incidents she shared with me. And I also realized that they are not sharable.

I share incidents and stories related to her because I want to be clear about things related with child psychology and education.

One such incident I share here to make this article more clear : once again she asked me not to share it with anybody and then asked : why uncle walk like this? We had a guest and Eva was asking about him.

I explained that uncle is habituated to walk like that. No one asked him to improve his habit neither he himself has improved it on his own. So, on a long run, his whole body has adjusted with that particular habit and now there is very less chances of improvement ; due to age his bones are stiff now.

The question seems normal, then why she asked me not to share it ?

Usually, elders do not respond children and thresh them. In case of questions like above, elders consider them as non-respectful and scold the child. In a long run, the child stops sharing and asking. How dangerous it is ! If the incidents are positive, elders miss the wonderful world of the child; but if the incidents are negative-it is very very dangerous.







2 comments:

Priti Mehta said...

agreed !!! Thanks for sharing this :)
it is very much helpful for me, indeed.

Sejal said...

Never happened here, so new for me! But yes...if someone not able to understand you then you too don't talk with him/her or share things with them.I understand Eva.