4.10.14

Somras

I have been to Somnath in 2002. That visit made it THE only temple I would like to revisit. But, not anymore.
This time (too), I missed thinking virtual.I followed tips of friends. Even they missed that we were going to mess up with festive-holidays.
I have never came across this many South Indian people in a Northern state. Today(2/10/14), there are nearly 80% SI here. And we had dosa n Idli as our breakfast.

What a visit it was in 2002. I had reached Somnath around 6p.m. After bath at one of the trust guest house, I went to the temple. Hardly 50 people were there. Then I had lite dinner at the trust restaurant and again I returned to the temple campus. I can not recall the exect time but I guess around 9p.m. a police constable found me seeting on the back side wall. At that time the compound wall was like otta. One can sit on it. Constable asked me to leave the campus. I requested him that I wish to sit here just like that and I am good at my psychological health. He sat along me and we had a nice chat. After that the cosntable allowed me to sit at the Southern end-the point from where one reaches at the south pole if travel in a straight line and that too without comming across any land. I stayed there; me, Somnath and the Arabian sea, upto 1a.m.Alas, that Somnath doesn't exsist anymore.  He isIin the hitlist of terrorist.
It is being said that deliberate distance generate attraction and reverence. This goes well with adventurous people, pilgrims and teenagers. At this point, I recall different kind of incidences, one of them is of Mirabahen(http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirabehn )-a British lady who followed Gandhi in his true spirit, but on 30th January 1948, she didn't rushed for Delhi. She stayed back at the place where she was working.This is how love acts. I am not Chaula anymore.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yet to meet chaula...