17.7.12

Schooling Days

We are having interesting schooling days.


Sometimes I found her writing spellings with Gujarati meanings and that is also for five times.

And I get blasted out.

She enjoys doing this type of home work.

Because , since last three years of her schooling, she understands that this is the only way.

Also that it keeps her engaged.

Then, we had a chat. And she agrees to write it for one time (for a time being).

It is her homework and she is afraid of the teacher’s demands.

Every day I find myself writing a chit to one or the other teacher that she will not have the homework you have expected and that is fine with me as a parent.

She does not like to touch the Environment Science book.

Because, she finds the language unreachable.

She can read Gujarati but not as fluently as other ‘bright’ students.

She is low at confidence when it comes about reading Gujarati.

So, I have to try techniques, like find out names of animals and write it down.

She enjoys writing, again, considering it is ‘the studying’.

In her Environment Science, she is having ‘diversity in living things’ as third chapter.

I was thinking about ways to address this topic.

I guess, she reads out my mind sometimes.

While massaging her hair on Sunday, she asked : is there many different varieties of camouflage?

Bang !

And then , Can I play with this monsoon insect? She was referring to a very small crawling insect.

I said , yes but I do not know how much hazardous it is to us.

Eva : just take care that it does not enter into the ear.

I realized that I have told this few days back.

E : what happens when it enters into Ear?

It may cause a hole in the Ear organ.

E : does it reaches to the stomach?

No, it reaches into the brain. Because, Ear is joined with the brain.

And so on que and ans…

I knew, Ear is a chapter in Science textbook of standard 7 or 8.

But, as she was asking, as always, genuinely, I responded in the same way.







No comments: