25.7.12

Sharp..n..r

Eva had a habit of scratching the eraser.


While her left hand was busy in writing, her right hand- index finger would scratch the eraser.

Each day she required a new eraser.

At first, as usual , I expressed irritation and asked her not to do so, or to take care.

But , soon I have realized my mistake.

She understands that scratching the eraser is not a good habit.

But, she could not overcome it somehow.

And she did not know how to handle oneself in such situation.

So, I suggested replacing the eraser with a handkerchief.

She agreed quickly and followed it.

And enjoyed the psychological change in own self .

It was amazing to witness that.

Next day, she asked me for a handkerchief while preparing for the school.

I have forgotten the incident of the last night. Though I gave her the handkerchief.

Two-three days later, after returning from the school, she told me, “ As I did not have the handkerchief, I used the sharpener!”

No comments: